Father’s Day Messages
Just as there is a day dedicated to mother’s across the globe, Father’s Day is a relatively new observance but is celebrated in different parts of the world with much gusto. Father’s Day is observed on different days in different countries and is celebrated in different ways too. However, the most popular way for people to express their gratitude and love towards their father is by sending a greeting card.
Father’s Day was invented by an American Ms Sonora Smart Dodd, who wanted to thank her father – an army veteran and a single Dad – who looked after her and her five siblings single-handedly. This tradition became convention and Father’s Day began to be celebrated officially. The first Father’s Day official celebration was held in June 1910. Here are some interesting yet lesser known facts about Father’s Day.
- Did you know that while the concept of Mother’s Day was received well with sentiments and emotions, the idea of celebrating Father’s Day was originally laughed at? The idea became the butt of jokes when a local newspaper even reported that promotion of such days would eventually lead to mindless concepts such as ‘National Clean Your Desk Day’!
- President Calvin Coolidge was the first American President to come out and support Father’s Day in 1920. However, it was only in 1966 that President Lyndon signed a proclamation that declared the third Sunday of June as Father’s Day
- Germany has a fun way of celebrating Father’s Day. On this day, also called Mannertag, men get drunk of beer and feast on traditional food
- In several parts of the world, white and red flowers are a symbolic gift on Father’s Day. The rose is the official flower of Father’s Day. While a red rose symbolizes a living father, a white rose symbolizes a deceased one
- `Ties are widely preferred Father’s Day gifts
- The word dad or father is believed to have come from the first syllables uttered by babies. Babies usually utter the word ‘Pa’. This was fixed to the kinship suffix ‘ter’resulting in the word Pater which Latin. Similarly, it was linked to Spanish ‘Padre’ and French ‘Pere’ to coin the term Father
- Father’s Day is celebrated in Thailand on December 5, every year as it is the birthday of he current king Bhumibol Adulyadej. On this day, the people of Thailand gift the Canna flower to their fathers and grandfathers to thank them for their love and efforts. The Canna flower is considered to be a masculine flower and hence stands as a symbol of Father’s Day
So if you want to thank your father on this Father’s Day, you can start hunting for a gift that he will love right away! But nothing can beat the value of a hand-made greeting card with words that express your love and gratitude towards the man who raised and stood by you all these years.
If finding the right words to express your love for your father on father day cards is what is stopping you from picking out a pop up cards worry not! Here are some lovely words that you can write in your greeting card and show your father how special he is and what he means to you!
For Your Father
- Dad! How can I ever thank you for everything you have done for me? I need you to know that I love you and will love you the same all my life. You are the most special person in my life. Happy Father’s Day!
- You became a friend when I needed a friend; you became a child when I needed someone my age to play with! You will always remain my friend, philosopher and guide. I love you to the moon and back. Happy Father’s Day!
- I don’t know about others but you are my Superman. From fixing my problems to making me believe that I could achieve anything, you have been my strongest supporter. I can never thank you enough for being my Dad. Happy Father’s Day!
- Papa, even as this distance keeps us apart, you are close to my heart. I can hear your voice loud and clear when I close my eyes. I miss that comforting smile. I wish you were here and we could celebrate this wonderful day together. Happy Father’s Day!
- Dad! I now understand the lengths you have gone to raise me. From fulfilling all my desires to being there for me when I needed you to support, you never let any stone unturned to make sure I am happy. I only wish for your happiness and well-being. Happy Father’s Day!
For a Father Figure
- I couldn’t have become who I am today without your love and guidance. Happy Father’s Day!
- Thank you for being my guiding light! You have been a father figure to me and guided me through my journey. I thank you and wish you a very Happy Father’s Day!
- I am so grateful to have you as a mentor in my life. Wishing you a very Happy Father’s Day!
- You and I are connected through our hearts. You have always been such a loving father figure to me. Happy Father’s Day!
- I have looked up to you just as a son would look up to his father. I am so grateful to have you in my life. Here’s wishing you a great day. Happy Father’s Day!
For Your Grandfather
- You are the best grandfather that any child can have you. My kids are so lucky that they have you to play with. To the best grandfather in the world – Happy Father’s Day!
- We hope that you know you are very special for all of us. Not only are you a great father but an amazing grandfather. Wishing you a very Happy Father’s Day!
- I am indeed lucky to have you as my father and luckier to have you around as my children’s grandfather. Wish you a very Happy Father’s Day!
- I am lucky that i found a father in my father-in-law. I am grateful for all the love and care you have shown me. I am lucky to have you in my life. Thank You! Happy Father’s Day!
- You are the best father-in-law, wait no! You are the best father in the world. Happy Father’s Day!
- To the Perfect Father-in-Law! You are funny, caring, loving and supportive. Thank you for being such a wonderful person to me. Happy Father’s Day!
- Dear Father-in-Law, I didn’t know that we would share such fun moments cooking, doing the dishes, discussing our favourite TV series. You have become a great friend to me. Thank you for being in my life. Happy Father’s Day!
- There could not be a better father-in-law! I have learnt so much from you. But the best lesson I have learnt so far is how to be happy irrespective of the situation. Happy Father’s Day!
From Wife to Husband
- I love you even more when I see you being such as great Dad to our children. You are the best! Happy Father’s Day!
- Thank you for being a great husband and an awesome father. Happy Father’s Day!
- Being married to you is a happy feeling. But knowing that I chose such an amazing father for our kids makes me proud. Here’s wishing the world’s best daddy a very happy Father’s Day!
- Could there be a more fun daddy? No! Happy Father’s Day to the most entertaining Daddy in the world.
- Thank you for being the crazy and super fun Dad that you are to our children. Happy Father’s Day!
For New Fathers
- I am glad you are my Dad and I am your baby!
- You are my Superman, Daddy. Happy Father’s Day!
- As you have embarked on your journey of fatherhood, I hope you know that you are a wonderful father. Happy Father’s Day!
- I can’t believe you are such an amazing Dad. Happy Father’s Day!
- You were the perfect boyfriend and the best husband. I am sure you will also be the best Daddy. Happy Father’s Day!
Father’s Day is a very special day. It is a day that allows you to celebrate the life of the first most influential person in your life. It is dedicated to the man who set benchmarks in their daughter’s eyes and lingered as role models in their son’s. This Father’s Day, even if you miss picking out a gift for your Dad, make sure you let him know how much you love him, adore him and thank him for what he has done for you. Fathers are just as special as mothers are and they need to know that their families love them so much and cherish their presence in their lives. So go on! Pick out a greeting card or make one and fill it with words that touch his heart this Father’s Day!
Cejc new collection of greeting cards online at our store Pop up Cards Direct.