Mother’s Day Messages
This mother’s day express your deepest gratitude to the lady who gave you life and all the love, care and nourishment to make you the person you are today. Mother’s Day is just around the corner. So it’s about time to tell your dear mother how much you love her and are grateful for what she has done for you unconditionally over all these years.
Did You Know These Fun Facts about Mother’s Day?
You would know that Mother’s Day is celebrated to dedicate a day to mother’s and thank them for the sacrifices they have made for you and everything that they do to you to ensure your well-being and happiness. Here are some other fun facts that not many people know about:
- Mother’s Day Is Not Celebrated on the Same Date Every Year
Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May each year. This year, Mother’s Day will be celebrated on May 9, 2021.
- The number of calls on Mother’s Day are more than any other day each year!
You would be surprised to know that as many as 122 million calls are made on Mother’s Day
- Among other holidays, Mother’s Day is the third highest selling holiday for flowers and plants
Studies have shown that approximately one quarter of all the flowers purchased throughout the years on Mother’s Day. In fact, Mother’s Day is the third holiday that witnesses a massive purchase of sale of flowers after Christmas and Hanukkah.
- Mother’s Day was celebrated in Ancient Greece!
In ancient Greece, Mother’s Day celebrations were dedicated to Rhea, the goddess of fertility, generation and motherhood.
- The term Mom comes from babies
Did you know that the first sound that babies make is usually ‘ma’. This is the reason that terms used to address mothers mostly start with the letter M.
- Ann Jarvis was the founder of American Mother’s Day
Interestingly, during and after the Civil War, Ann Jarvis took the initiative to foster friendship between mothers of the two warring sides. She did this in 1868 and the event has now evolved as Mother’s Friendship Day.
- The legacy was continued by Ann’s daughter Anna
Ann’s daughter Anna Reeves Jarvis continued the tradition by establishing a dedicated day for mother’s, which has gradually evolved as the present day ‘Mother’s Day’. The first Mother’s Day celebration was celebrated in 1908.
- The day was legitimized as a national holiday by Woodrow Wilson
Anna Reeves Jarvis established the Mother’s Day International Association. Following this, Woodrow Wilson legitimized the day as a nationwide holiday on the second Sunday in May.
- The most popular gift for Mother’s Day is a greeting card
While there are several commercial products available in stores for Mother’s Day celebrations, the most popular gift so far has been greeting cards.
Most people pick out ready-made cards from popular brands or pick a gift for their mother’s. But, by keeping it personal you can make her happier. It is undeniable that a personally crafted card can have a more emotional appeal than ready-made cards. So, you still have time to craft a hand-made card for your dear mother.
But what do you write inside? Not everyone knows how to express their feelings in words. So if you are at a loss for words, here’s help! This list brings you the best of messages that you can use in your hand-made pop up cards for your mother.
Heartfelt Messages for Your Mother
- I can’t thank you enough for being my Mother! I love you – now and forever.
- Mom – You are a Supermom and a SuperGranny! I am glad my children have my role model to look up to and learn!
- Mom – I am so proud of you! You inspire me every day. I hope I grow up to be just like you someday!
- Mother – You are my strength. I have never met another woman who is as strong as you!
- Thank you being my Mom, Mom! I Love You!
- From one mother to another – Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!
- To the loveliest Grandma in the world – We love you and are proud of being your daughters/sons!
- Today is a special day! It is the day when I celebrate the strength of the most resilient woman I have known – Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!
For New Mothers
- To the first year of motherhood – Happy Mother’s Day! Hoping you have the time of your life with your bundle of joy!
- Dear New Mommy – Motherhood is a wonderful journey! Happy Mother’s Day! Wishing you the best of experiences with your little one!
- This Mother’s Day you start on an incredible journey! From changing diapers to experimenting with food, you will explore new experiences for the rest of this life. Wishing you lots of laughs and loads of happiness!
- As you gradually unveil the beauty of motherhood, I wish you strength and happiness! Being a mother is one of the toughest jobs in the world and I am confident that you will rock your new role. Happy Mother’s Day!
For Someone Who is a Mother Figure to You
- Dear Ma, I am glad to have you in my life! There is no one else like you and I am blessed to have a friend, philosopher and guide in you.
- You are a very important person in my life. You have been there like a mother to me and have heard my complaints, held me through my sadness and taught me how to celebrate life. Thank you! Here’s wishing you a very Happy Mother’s Day!
- You are the most amazing lady I have known in my life. Happy Mother’s Day!
- I have to thank you for being such a positive influence in my life. I cannot thank you enough for what you have done for me. I love you. Happy Mother’s Day!
- You have loved us just as our mother would. And on this mother’s day, I take the opportunity to thank you for being so wonderful. Happy Mother’s Day!
For Your Sister or Friend
- You are a great mom to your kids and a great aunt to mine. Happy Mother’s Day!
- I knew you would be just a great a mom as ours. Happy Mother’s Day sis!
- My kids could not have a better aunt than you. Wish you all the happiness on this Mother’s Day!
- Through our life we have shared our toys and joys. Now we share the joy of motherhood together. Happy Mother’s Day, Sis!
- You are a Supermom and I admire you so much. Happy Mother’s Day Sister!
- I wonder how you manage to ace all the tasks in your personal and professional life. A lot of love and admiration from me, dear sister. Happy Mother’s Day!
For Your Wife or Partner
- It is impossible to fathom your potential. You work tirelessly through the day to keep us happy and content. You are not just a super wife but also a super mom. Wish you a very Happy Mother’s Day, darling!
- The fact that you are such as wonderful mother to our children makes me love you even more. I am proud to have you as my partner for life. Happy Mother’s Day to the best mom in the world.
- You stole my heart the minute we met. You hooked me for life with your super abilities as a wife and a mother. Here’s wishing to the most powerful mother I have known. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Darling, thank you for sharing my life and being such an amazing mom to our children. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Thank you for being such a wonderful influence on my life and being such an amazing mom to our children. Happy Mother’s Day, my lovely wife!
For Your Daughter or Grand-daughter
- You have grown into a wonderful woman before my eyes. From taking baby steps to helping your children take baby steps. You are a wonderful mother, sweetie. Happy Mother’s Day!
- You are a wonderful mother and our lovely daughter. Wishing you a very happy mother’s day!
- Now you are a mom and I hope you understand the joy you brought me when I first held you in my arms. Wishing you a very happy Mother’s Day!
- On your first Mother’s Day I want to wish you the best and loads of happiness dear daughter. You will always remain my baby. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Thank you for making me a grandmother. You brought a world of happiness the day you were born. And by making me a grandma, you have doubled the joy! Wishing you a very Happy Mother’s Day!
When You Are Far Away
- I know we are far apart. But my love shall remain with you always. Happy Mother’s Day dear!
- I wish I could hold you and give you the tightest hug. I miss you Ma. Happy Mother’s Day!
- I miss your warm hug and the comfort of having you near me. I wish you could be here with me. Happy Mother’s Day!